The effective daily operation of Walters Management is dependent upon the positive, proactive and effective performance of this position. The Receptionist must maintain a professional, front office appearance and excellent phone techniques, as well as support office staff, and maintain an open rapport with all staff members.
Provide dependable day-to-day customer service with clients and support to the office staff by accomplishing the following tasks.
1. Display professionalism, excellence and a sense of pride in all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
2. Complete all assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Greet all walk-in clients in a respectful, courteous manner and assist with their requests, etc.
3. Know, understand, implement and support company policies and procedures.
4. To maintain a team-oriented approach when dealing with all other company associates.
Important Functions and Responsibilities of Corporate Receptionist
A. Answering, screening and directing all phone calls as necessary utilizing multi-line switchboard, taking messages and relay in timely manner to appropriate staff.
B. Receive and distribute all incoming mail, faxes and website inquiries to appropriate staff.
C. Distribute daily reports from after-hour answering service to the appropriate staff.
2. Corporate Accounting Responsibilities
A. Open and sort all incoming invoices for A/P to process
B. Notify accounting when courier bags arrive and contents have been distributed.
C. Accept and process homeowner payments utilizing VMS.
3. Process Mail (incoming and outgoing)
A. Sort, open, date stamp and distribute all incoming mail as delivered by the mail carrier. On Monday mornings, retrieve the weekend mail from our mailboxes in the downstairs lobby.
B. Prepare all outgoing mail, utilizing the NeoPost digital meter mail system.
C. Add new accounts to the postage meter and remove old associations when directed.
D. Maintain and order all supplies for postage meter and general mailing needs, including FedEx and UPS supplies.
4. Clerical Responsibilities
A. Provide answering service with weekly schedule of our on-call staff and any office/holiday closures. Also provide answering service with any changes regarding addition of new accounts or termination of existing accounts.
B. Mail Welcome Packets for corporate office accounts on a weekly basis. Maintain a weekly count list for charge back purposes and provide to administrators on monthly basis. Notify Administrator when Welcome Packet supply is low.
C. Prepare daily Morning Reports with information provided by staff, including regional and onsite offices, and utilizing corporate vacation calendar, regarding schedules for the day. Add all anniversaries and birthdays to the Morning Report as appropriate. Send initial report to all employees at 10:00 AM. Send an updated report at 2:00 PM indicating any changes to the initial report. Send a final end-of-day report to appropriate staff members at 4:30 PM.
D. Process USPS Address Change Cards in VMS. At end of month, prepare a Postage Chargeback list for all processed cards and provide to Controller.
E. Review all statement messages on the 10th of the month and email management teams of any revisions needed. Copy office manager on emails.
F. Update front desk manual/management team list as needed.
5. Other Responsibilities
A. Check drinking water inventory in Executive Kitchen refrigerator and restock if supply is low. Notify person in charge of ordering supplies when water needs to be reordered. Check coffee pots at different times and replenish when necessary.
B. On Monday mornings, send email to Accounting Department with kitchen clean-up rotation schedule.
C. Maintain neatness in lobby and mailroom at all times.
D. Other duties as assigned by the office manager.
Minimum Qualifications for Corporate Receptionist
1. Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively and efficiently handle heavy call volume.
2. Personable, well-groomed, and proper professional business attire.
3. Ability to multi-task and superior organization skills.
4. Display neatness and accuracy while maintaining efficient speed to accomplish tasks.
5. Ability to work in a team environment.
6. Ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
7. Ability to type at least 45 wpm.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office and VMS.